Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Hobby In Peril: Domino Effect of an Unsolicited Opinion and Unclear Blog Intentions

Last November 18, 2013, I went to Manila City Hall for replacement of the Senior Citizen Affairs booklet of my mother. Going back home, I stopped over Robinsons Place Manila to buy dinner and looked at the mall's events schedule.  Since my concert channel was preparing for a rebound from the gloom brought about by recent events,  I was glad to see that the mall had two remarkable and respected female vocalists in back to back performances during the 19th and 20th of November 2013.

With no alternative event posted early Monday afternoon from my creative playground Glorietta except the Ayala Triangle Gardens Light show which I covered last year, my video recording schedule was set for Robinsons Place Manila on the 19th Tuesday and tonight Wednesday. 

I proceeded to Robinsons Place Manila late Tuesday afternoon and went through the usual video op authorization process.  To clarify this, different strokes for different folks.  I am not trying to initiate some sort of ethics in making videos in general and much more to convince others to follow what I do. In fact, a very friendly elderly couple who watch shows at Robinsons Place Manila was amused that I need to secure permission for video recording.  Even with this reaction, I would still standby with my procedure even if a video-op loss could occur when I receive a negative reply.  As I have explained before, the negative reply may come from either the artist/handlers, the mall or both for whatever reason(s).

Some would say that I am already assuming that there is a reason to deny.  Whether there is one or not, simply put is that almost always a fan asks the artist for a photo op even the photo is for personal use.  As a video maker and directly in YouTube Partnership program, I record videos for public viewing and with the program privileges.   For me, these are compelling reasons aside from earning the artist's TRUST and RESPECT.  I wrote about TRUST and RESPECT in my previous blog post "PostScript to Inner Strength ..." and the intention was not to diminish the role of the artist's business managers but to show that I need not go into documents and legal arrangements just to record the works of people in the entertainment industry.  It will be ridiculous for me to hire a talent/business manager for my video making activities.  As of now, I badly need an industry relations consultant/manager.

Yes, I admit that my blogs and recent video upload could have alienated the talents/artists, handlers, talent/business managers and even the malls.  The intention of my blog was to describe and narrate my video making activities and methods.  I just describe and explain my methods and reasons for doing things.  Leave it or take it. Believe it or not. There was never any intention to downgrade the role of any industry player.

I owe my viewers the best performers and ,at the least, good videos. I owe the artists for sharing their talents and make them feel comfortable and safe during video recording.  I just wish I had an advance audio software that can clearly amplify audio nuisances during an artists performance so that a more accurate video editing can be done. But for now, this wish list can take a back seat since  I can sense that the fate of my musical video recording is in peril.







For the Fiesta Filipiniana event with Ms. Dulce and the FORTEnors,  the recording went on smoothly. Observing sobriety during this time, I informed the mall organizer that the inspirational version of the song "Ako ang Nagwagi" (translated "I was the one who triumphed") will be uploaded in my third channel Singles and Covers.  This song was performed by Ms. Dulce with the intent of ending the show on a positive note.

For me, all of us being directly or indirectly Yolanda victims are the ones addressed by the song. The choice to upload this song was to bring a message of Hope if not of pyrrhic victory from the recent calamities and not for any other purpose. Again, I will admit that this is a defensive blog post.  The reason is that no human being can really tell the intention of my heart except God. No convincing on my part can change a hardened heart but I can tell heaven that I also did my job to prevent others to think maliciously or with false impressions.






Earlier tonight, I returned to Robinsons Place Manila after going to Ospital ng Maynila to secure a prescription from my mother's doctor.  Since Midtown Atrium was jam packed, I was not able to spot the mall representative.  Thinking that the handlers of Asia's Songbird would allow me to record and upload the album launch since I did not receive any restrictions via email or phone from the representative, I recorded the first two songs.  When I spotted the mall officer, she signaled that my request has been denied by the recording company.  Thus, I stopped recording from then on.  For Robinsons Place Manila, the recording company and to the admired artist, the couple of recorded videos will never be uploaded.  I came from Heaven "Hulog din ako ng Langit" (for us believers, we all came from Heaven but for those who are not we just came from our mother's womb) and I pray and hope to return to such place.

With all the difficulties I am experiencing right now, I cannot help but think that this is due to an unsolicited opinion which I wrote last May of 2013 in reaction to an entertainment issue - inclusion of physical features in a joke.  I would not falsely apologize by writing I am sorry if my comment has caused discomfort to the addressee.  I would not be pathetically brave by writing I still stand for every word which I have written. Only this, I wrote the comment without any hatred or anger towards the addressee.  My blog will never be able to explain this further.  I could only personally disclose that to the addressee if by any miracle that would happen.  As for my hobby, I always hear from my mother that I ought to use my talent and share it. That  I would do as long as there is still an opportunity.
  

  




No comments:

Post a Comment